Twitter REST API tools for Unity
A downloadable tool
Have you ever wanted to retrieve data from Twitter inside of Unity? Probably not, but I did, once upon a time, and I found it a right pain to get everything working so I've made these standalone tools for people to use.
What can you do with these tools?
- Retrieve tweets and profile information in neatly organised and serialised classes
- Access to values such as # of followers (including IDs for profiles), liked tweets, total retweets of a given tweet, and much more
- Search for tweets using Twitter with string queries
- Download images from URLs to use as textures in game
- Get profile data such as user bios, avatars, locations, generally any publicly available data
- Make cool stuff like procedural generated islands based on tweet metrics
Any specific API calls that I haven't implemented features for can also be extrapolated using these tools fairly easily by editing the existing functions.
If you have any troubles getting things to work please don't hesitate to drop me a line and I'll get back to you as soon I can.
Do you have something cool planned for these tools? I'd love to hear about it! Hit me up on Twitter and show we what you're making ! @GibletsofJesus
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.